is the perfect holiday cottage for family or friends, for a break "away from it all" in the North Lakes, sleeping four people.
The cottage provides all the modern convenience you expect yet with a rustic charm of former times; flat screen TV's in living room and bedrooms with Freeview, Harmon Kardon speaker system, DVD player & CD player/radio, utility room with washer & dryer, dishwasher, combination microwave with convection oven, fridge freezer, hairdryers, wood burning stove, etc.
- Front door opens into a small hallway.
- This leads into the living room with exposed oak beams, comfy leather reclining sofas, Sony TV & Blue Ray/DVD Player, cosy wood burning stove in local stone fireplace and weather station. Views over the garden and green towards the main village. Wireless broadband is also available.
- The fully equipped custom kitchen is built with Siemens appliances throughout. Pyrolytic oven/cooker & hob, overhead extractor fan, built in dishwasher, large fridge/freezer with ice maker, combination microwave oven, cafetiére and iron. The tile floor is under floor heated.
- The dining room is on the left as you enter the front door. There is a large dining table and chairs for 6 people, oak sideboard and fireplace with electric fire, as well as central heating radiator. Views from the windows over the front and side gardens.
- Luxurious bathroom with large whirlpool bath (LED illuminated), spacious separate power shower cubicle, under floor heating, sink and spotlights.
- Separate toilet.
- Conservatory - there is a conservatory at the back of the house off the kitchen with two comfy chairs and a coffee table. Perfect for reading the morning papers over coffee.
- Separate Utility Room with washing machine. Secure storage for outdoor equipment and bikes. Drying rack.
Stairs from the kitchen lead up to 2 bedrooms (1 kingsize room, 1 twin/kingsize room).
- The Master bedroom is spacious with exposed beams, a king size bed, large wardrobe, bedside tables and flat screen TV with Freeview. Views to the village green.
- Bedroom Two is also roomy with exposed oak beams and has twin beds which can be zipped together to form a king size bed. Together with a wardrobe and tall chest of drawers, Flat Screen TV with Freeview and HD recorder. Views up to Parkhead.
There is a enclosed flower garden at the front of the house with the pathway leading to the front door.
To the side of the house is a large paved area with patio furniture and exterior lighting. A BBQ and chimineer are also available for guests. There is parking for at least two cars on the driveway, although further cars can be parked in front of the cottage if required.
Panoramic views all round over the village green and Hesket Newmarket and views up to High Pike over fields looking behind you.
We're dog friendly and allow dogs to stay in the cottage but please not there is a small charge to cover the extra cleaning, etc.
Why not take a closer look with our stunning Virtual Tours?
See what other guests have thought of Rose Cottage with our Guest Reviews.